Thursday, November 17, 2011

Summer Haze

Dear Seth,

I've been having this dream lately, where I see me, and him. It seems to be summer, woodsy, random trucks are scattered around. The sun's out, seems really humid. It's like I can see myself from afar, seeing us interact, but I can't talk to myself, I can't do a thing. We kiss, its tender, sweet, the choices and results of everything that was done in the right time, right place seem to glow from both of us. I seem lighter,not so much of the weary loads to carry. I don't know if this is my past from what it would have been, or a glimpse to what might be or the future. I have no idea.

And then I wake up. I see I'm where I am, with the all the my choices in front of me, and everything else is evident. And I wonder if the words are true, that echo around in my dream, if the promises uttered will be kept. I find myself holding my breath, because if I breath out, they won't be true, And I'm afraid to hope, because I so want it to be true. But I don't just want to be chasing this alone. I guess for now, I'll jump in and just keep holding my breath. Because really, who doesn't want to hope?

Love,

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment